Saturday, October 04, 2008

TOO...
2:23am

Too young to look old
But too old to care
About that drunk girl who just passed me on the street
Blouse strap dangling mid-arm
Too weak to pull it up
Too disoriented to care about being a target

Smart enough to notice
But too ambivalent to care
About that asshole that just called me an asshole
If only he knew anything about me
Or where I'm from
Or about how rude he just was

"Such a nice person"
But yet so insensitive and selfish
To realize that I just hurt the feelings
Of someone who cares about me 
More than I could ever imagine

Still present
But yet so distant
That I don't even care about
Where I am, who I'm with, 
Or how I'm going to get to where I'm going next

To be detached sometimes can feel so sweet
But so lonely
It's only cool to be alone when you've forgotten what it is like
Then you yearn for companionship once you're lonely again

Too distracted right now to shout
At that loud girl in the alley
If only she realized it was almost 3am
But maybe her blouse strap is mid-arm
And maybe she is too selfish to realize she's hurting my feelings

Too artistic to alter this expression
To fit the needs of others
Too young to look old
But too old to care  about what people think
About me or my behaviour

Always aware of great friends
And great things when they come by
And family, the rock of support
Well in my life
Love, laughter, life, defeat, rejection

Always a Jamaican
Black, Green and Gold
To di werl we go
Without boundaries
But with an appreciation of life
Tarnished with hardships
Tailored made for each and every one of us

Too hungry to care about my diet
Too happy to have a bed to sleep on 
And food to eat
And so happy I got to write this

Now i'm too young to look old
But too old to care about NOT being out on a Saturday night
Now it's time for bed
After running that crazy maze through my head

No comments: