Saturday, July 29, 2006

Whaaa Gwaan!

Heah bloggers and blog-readers, just had to let you know about how weird these past 2 weeks have been in terms of musical exposure and jus general exposure. Makes you wonder if things really do happen for a reason. The first incident was me being in the studio audience for Rising Stars, to support my friend Ellan. Didn't seem like a big deal to me really. I had been there 2 years ago and no one cared, but this time around it seems like i was almost a contestant with the attention it brought from my co-workers. Kinda funny. I still have people telling me about it.

This would be followed by Tuesday Nite Live at the Village Cafe where i sang backup for a band i'm in called ROCKY V. Though terribly disappointed with the sound balance, it was a good experience and a nice performance. A lot of my close friends came to support me, and i really appreciated it. Made me feel like i was one of the lead singers the way they made it look. And that's real cool. Thanks friends.

So the week continues and i go to Sumfest on Saturday, which i thoroughly enjoyed. On returning on Sunday, by buck-ups I drop a friend of mine to a band rehearsal on Sunday and again by buck-ups end up singin backup for this great band. Lickle more mi deh pon TVJ Smile Jamaica a sing backup Monday morning. Again the coworkers are in shock and surprised at the same time. "It's him on TV Singing"...."Boooombaaat, a so yu a gwaaaaan!".

When i thought it ended, last nite I supported my friend Ellan at a work talent show and heah, she needed backup, so myself and some other singing friends who jus happened to be in the audience, ended up being backup. The audience could hardly hear us, but it was cool!

This blog really goes no where, but jus goes to show that ONE TING REALLY LEADS TO ANADDA, and as my friend would say...success is when preparation and opportunity meet. So always be prepared for anything. I could have said no to my Rising Star Studio audience ticket, and definitely no to singin on Smile JA after a long drive in from the country and no to singing backup impromtu at a staff function. When opportunity knocks, sometimes you jus have to open the door. Then more and more doors start to open. Blessed love!

1 comment:

Diallo Dixon said...

yup, true words Mario. And I know its only a matter of time before someone will be talking about singing backup for YOU