Friday, January 26, 2007

ONE WEEK

Hey people, it's been a week. This mature student is hangin' in there quite ok so far. Each day brings more and more new work, challenges and exciting experiences. Now i wonder what would have happened if i didn't come. Berklee is an amazing institution, especially for persons at my musical level. Meaning lots of raw talents and minimal/rusty music theory knowledge. They provide a good framework for you to be a good and functional musician. Ear training, sight reading, ensembles (small bands), private lessons, liberal arts courses. Not that this is a BERKLEE ad, but in the one week i have seen already just a fraction of what i can gain from Berklee, andit's impressive. I see where a lot of the money goes. Lots of equipment and stuff. At least when i come back i should be able to use all those programs on the Mac. Stangely enough we don't learn Pro tools here, but there are so many other software stuff we do learn. Since i'm already accepted, i have the option of seeing what the other majors are and maybe doing something different from what i thought i had wanted to do.

But anyway, lets do the quick recap of the week. Classes...Snow...Classes...Fatty Food...Band Audition...Bob Marley Ensemble Audition...Classes...GYM (yes i've started, and i've gone every other say since Sunday thank you)...Ensemble. yeah it's Friday. Of significance was the band audition. Which band is this? I myself not even know. I just read some poster about a band looking for a vocalist, and they liked a lot of R&B, so i went. And guess what they really liked it. I'm gonna really have to stop singing "Ribbon in the Sky", but it seems to bring me good luck...or i've probably done it so much that it's becoming mine. Well we rehearse on Sunday for the 1st time, so we'll see how dat goes.

The Bob Marley Ensemble audition was equally interesting. As the people there probably knew the songs better than I did (Hoe embarassing, but when u live in Jamaica you don't need to study Bob lyrics...like c'mon). it was kinda embarrasing, but i trooped it out. You know i'm a trooper. There's so much more i'd like to say, but i must keep this PC, and you know i'm the President of PC. LOL. I accidentally typed OC. Which brings me to ask if anyone has ever watched the OC on MTV (Like real rich kids living a Malibu kinda life who all talk like they're blonde)? Just wanted to ask. Let's just say some moments of my days are OC moments.

My ensemble today was awesome. My teacher is from Trinidad, and we did some real cool music, so i was real happy about dat.

This is a real lame blog. You have to write these things when you in a mood. I not feeling the flow. Logn and short is i'm happy, working out, and regret free. So keep tuned in cuz the madhouse is bubbling with rambling ideas to sputter out, like things I've learned. Lemme give you a snippet:

I've learned:
1. Many men spit in the urinal while or after urinating
2. Idiots span the globe, no matter how educated a population is
3. The YMCA has a communal shower (So gross!!)

I'll just leave you with those for today. I think they are quite thought provoking, so enjoy. Peace.
MARIO

1 comment:

Nunya said...

no such thing as a lame blog.....
just being able to see into another person's life is an honour (and good entertainment too)...

bless it up king!
upwards